Northumberland Food For Thought was established in 2002, building on the work of the 12 school nutrition programs in existence at that time. We are a non-profit community partnership made up of representatives from various sectors: volunteer, government, corporate, and education. Our current members include:
- Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board Trustee
- Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Principal
- Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Clarington Catholic District School Board Trustee
- Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Clarington Catholic District School Board Principal
- Weetabix North America
- Northumberland Food For Thought—Community Development Coordinator
- Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit Public Health Dietitian and Public Health Inspector
- Northumberland County Social Services, Food4All Warehouse Manager
- Rebound Child & Youth Services Inc.
Our goals are to:
- Promote, support and assist current and future Student Nutrition Programs
- Create opportunities for business and community support of Student Nutrition Programs
- Establish and sustain Student Nutrition Programs in all Northumberland County elementary and secondary schools and educational sites.