Benefits of Nutrition Programs
- Provide children with a positive start to the day
- Improve the learning abilities of children and youth
- Decrease disruptive behaviour in the classroom
- Provide a chance for children to improve social skills
- Help children to learn healthy eating habits that will last them a lifetime
- Provide volunteer opportunities to show children their community cares
Student Nutrition Programs help to create a healthy school nutrition environment, where students get the same message about food and nutrition whenever food is offered and sold in the classroom, in the school and in the community. In short, it gives students a chance to practice what they learn in the classroom about healthy eating in the real world.