Our programs enjoy the support of approximately 250 volunteers per year. Last year these dedicated people contributed over 45,000 hours to Northumberland Food For Thought, helping to raise funds, plan, prepare and serve approximately 457,985 breakfasts and 779,180 snacks.
Guidelines for Volunteers
- Smile and be welcoming. Your smile could help to make a child’s day better.
- Practice safe food handling techniques.
- Speak to the coordinator or school staff if a student misbehaves.
- Follow the confidentiality policy of the program concerning information shared by children. If you have questions or concerns, contact the principal immediately.
- Know the emergency procedures. Contact your coordinator or principal if you need more information.
- You will be treated with dignity and respect.
- You will have the support of the school administration.
- You will receive guidance and direction where required.
- Your work environment will be safe and comfortable.
There are many roles to fill as a Student Nutrition Program volunteer. Helping hands are needed to set-up, serve and help clean-up the program. Check out these job descriptions to find out what roles and responsibilities you can play. Note that the job description may differ from school to school, depending on local needs.
Whatever your interest, there is a role that’s right for you! To learn more about how you can help, contact us or your local school.